Do you want to give your house a new look by renovating it? The flooring tiles you choose are an important design choice. The sheer number of possibilities makes it difficult to select the best one. To aid you in making an informed decision, we have compiled this detailed reference to flooring options. Whether updating a single room or revamping your entire home, choosing the right floor tiles is crucial to achieving the desired aesthetic and practicality. In this guide, we will provide valuable floor tiles tips and insights on selecting the perfect floor tiles that will enhance the beauty of your space and meet your functional needs. From understanding tiles’ different types and finishes to considering their dimensions, design, and maintenance, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dig in and learn how to pick the best floor tiles to improve your home’s aesthetics and practicality.
A Comprehensive Guide to Choosing Floor Tiles:
#1 – The Full Scope of Tile Varieties:
- Although ceramic tiles are long-lasting and inexpensive, they are easily damaged and may break. Group 4 or 5 ceramic tiles, designed to withstand medium foot activity, are your best bet for high-traffic areas.
- In addition to being denser and more rigid than ceramic, porcelain tiles are also resistant to scratches and stains. If you want your porcelain tiles to seem seamless, look for ones that have been corrected or that don’t have any grout lines between them. For a clean finish, epoxy grouting is recommended.
- Vitrified tiles are hardy, long-lasting, nonporous, and water-resistant. Some, like doubly charged vitrified tiles, have two different hues all the way through, while others, like full-body tiles or tiles manufactured with soluble salt, have one uniform colour throughout.
- Sandstone, limestone, marble, and travertine are just a few natural materials that may be found in tile form.
- Cement tiles come in classic designs and are a bold choice. These need to be sealed every so often since they are permeable.
#2 – How To Determine Appropriate Sizing:
- Choose a size that will result in little waste throughout the installation process. The living room, dining room, and bedroom tiles should be at least 12 inches square.
- Use the smaller ones in the bathroom and kitchen. Keep in mind that larger tiles provide the impression of more space since there are fewer joints between them.
Also Read: 10 Motives Why Tiles Will Improve Your Home
#3 – Select The Best Tile Finish:
- Gloss finish tiles reflect a lot of light, brighten a room, and create the impression of more space because of their mirror-like shine. Glossy ones shouldn’t be utilised in moist environments like the kitchen or bathroom due to their slick nature.
- Those with a matte finish are less likely to cause accidents due to their lack of shine and resistance to showing dirt and stains. Additionally, both kitchens and bathrooms, which tend to have high moisture levels, benefit from slip-resistant tiles. Another floor tiles tip is to select tiles with a coefficient of friction (COF) of 0.6 or higher for the best possible slip resistance.
- You may choose a laptop or semi-matte finish as well. These are more slippery-resistant than matte tiles because of their increased sheen.
#4 – Advice on Layout:
There is a wide range of colour and design options for tiles. Tiles may now be printed digitally to make them seem and feel like other materials, such as wood, marble, and genuine stone. Two or more tiles may be combined in any way you choose to make a unique design.
#5 – Estimate The Expenses:
You need to figure out how many tiles you’ll need for the floor and add 10% for waste. Setting a spending limit can help narrow your options when picking out floor tiles.
#6 – Think About Maintenance:
The upkeep required by various tile flooring varies greatly. Ceramic and porcelain tiles are easy to clean and maintain, while natural stone tiles require regular sealing and polishing to maintain their appearance. Vinyl tiles require minimal maintenance, making them ideal for busy households. Consider the level of maintenance required for the tiles you choose.
#7 – Get Samples:
Before making your final selection, you must get samples of the tiles in which you’re interested. Samples can help you visualise how the tiles will look in your home and how they will complement your decor. You can also test the tiles’ durability and slip resistance by walking on them. Ensure you get samples before making your final selection.
#8 – Hire Professional:
Installing floor tiles can be challenging; Hire a professional like Tile Trolley is essential to ensure the tiles are installed correctly. A professional can also guide you in selecting suitable tiles for your home and help you with the installation process.
Selecting the perfect floor tiles for your space requires careful consideration of various factors, including the space’s function, durability, size, slip resistance, maintenance requirements, design, and cost. By considering these factors, you can choose the right floor tiles for your needs and create a beautiful and functional space that you’ll enjoy for years. Give Tile Trolley a call today for all your Tiles requirements.